The Character of a Knitter

"The clearest indication of character is what people find laughable." Goethe

I read this quote the other day and it got me thinking about how much little things can tell you about a person. With knitting it's the character of the knitters. I have so often observed that knitters approach their knitting in the same way that they approach everything else in life.


As an example, will you tear back many hours of knitting to correct a mistake or do you follow the theory that if a man on a horse galloping by won't notice the error you don't bother to fix it? I'm unfortunately the anal type who will tear back and I'm frequently jealous of the other type when I know that no one other than me will ever notice the problem that I absolutely MUST fix.  

Which knitter are you?